PADI Divemaster Course Roatan
Imagine being able to travel and find fun and exciting work anywhere in the world! This is available to you through the PADI Divemaster Program at West Bay Divers in Roatan, one of the most valued places to become a professional Divemaster featuring a variety of dive environments from shore and within a short boat ride.
Through West Bay Divers professional, challenging and friendly training you will:
- Work on and perfect your diving skills and be able to demonstrate skills to students at an instructor level.
- Learn to prevent and manage accidents and role model rescue skills for student divers in training.
- Be confident as a certified assistant and be able to support instructors when teaching students.
- Be a role model and be expected to display honesty, courtesy and follow responsible diving practices.
- Develop a professional level knowledge of dive theory, physics & physiology
- Have enthusiasm and fun for your chosen profession
Recommended time for completing the Divemaster course with West Bay DIvers is about 6 weeks.
In the Divemaster course you will:
- • Complete the Divemaster manual and exam
- • Create an emergency Assistance Plan for a designated dive site
- • Complete water skills exercises
- • Complete diver rescue assessment
- • Complete dive skills workshop and assessment
- • Complete practical application skills
- • Complete divemaster-conducted programs workshops (scuba review, DSD assistant, Leading snorkeling tours and scuba dives)
- • Completed 60 dives minimum
A typical week has you assisting the dive shop and learning how to run a shop as well as how to interact with customers and deal with common diver issues.
You learn to recognize problems before they occur and intervene when necessary to keep everyone safe. In addition you learn the varied marine life, navigating the dive sites and protecting the marine ecosystem.
About Divemasters on Roatan
Divemasters at West Bay Divers our motto is "The Adventure Experts" and as such we are entrusted with the safety of our guests as professionals. If you are looking for just a party atmosphere then we are not the Diving Center for you. Our training on the island is as good, if not better, than anywhere else in the world. Due to the volume of divers visiting the island and the number of dive centers, the role of a Divemaster here can be varied on a day-to-day basis.
For example, one day you may find yourself leading a group of certified divers on dive trips. This will involve briefings, monitoring your divers on a continuous basis, both on the surface and underwater. You may be expected to manage issues such as buoyancy control, equipment malfunctions, nervous divers, newly qualified divers, etc. The following day you may be asked to play the role of the victim on a PADI Rescue Diver course. Of course you will be expected to assist with setting up and transporting equipment, ensuring students and certified divers fill in paperwork correctly, fill tanks and rinse gear.
You will find yourself having a much better time when you show enthusiasm for diving and ensure that your customers leave the island with great memories, great experiences and new friends.